1. What makes you stand out from others in your field? I am licensed as a physical therapist assistant, currently not practicing as one as I am at my massage practice full time. My training as a PTA helped me learn about the body in more depth. I have experience working with chronic pain patients as a PTA, have had the experience with working at a clinic that specializes in hands on modalities. My experience as a PTA and my continued education for PTA and massage has and continues to help me be a better massage therapist.
I also offer hypnotherapy that can help connect the conscious mind to the unconscious mind, breaking bad habits and creating new ones. Hypnotherapy has the potential of helping people lose weight, quit smoking, relieve pain, amongst other habits to break. Hypnotherapy is the "mind" part of "body and mind" is what I have learned.
2. What do you specialize in and who do you serve? I specialize in the relief of neck pain. I have worked with client's children 12 years old and older. I work with clients who are struggling from acute pain, chronic pain, anxiety, physical stressors and emotional stressors. I like to help clients create a plan to help them achieve their goals.
3. What made you decide to go into your profession? A long time ago I wanted to help people. I found massage therapy to be perfect for that. I now specialize in the relief of neck pain because I, myself, struggle with neck pain. Massage, stretches, posture awareness and proper strengthening has helped me with my neck pain relief. I want to help others find relief in their pain so they can live the lives they want to live.
4. What services do you offer? Massage therapy--I offer different modalities such as Warm bamboo (heated tools that are warm, relaxing and can help knots loosen), Ashiatsu (I use my feet to give the massage--great for deep tissue work), and hands on massage where I take all that I have learned and adapt the session to what is needed at the time.
Hypnotherapy--guided meditation to allow you to get into a state of deep relaxation where you can accept suggestions at the unconscious level. The suggestions are created based on the conversation you and the therapist have. These are geared towards the goal you have. 5. What is the best way for one to contact you for inquiries? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online booking through website: bloomingtontherapeuticmassage.com
6. Anything else you would want potential clients/patients to know about you? I love what I do. Massage is truly my passion. I love working with people, having clients that come in feeling stressed or in pain and leaving, smiling saying they feel so much better. Knowing that the work I do brings people closer to their goals of pain free and stress managed brings me joy! I take my down time and do continuing education to better serve my clients. I believe in continuing the learning process as there is so much out there to know!